- The circumcision is easier on the baby the younger they are. As the child ages, their physiology, anatomy and neurology also matures. In order to entice parents to bring in their newborn earlier, our clinic has a fluctuating price incentive for the procedure. The best rate is given for a newborn up to 4 weeks of age. The cost rises each 4 weeks thereafter.
- To distract the baby during the actual circumcision, we ask parents to bring along a pacifier and a small container of sugar water (made by boiling water and saturating with sugar). By offering the pacifier dipped into the sugary solution, the hungry baby will often suck happily on the pacifier oblivious to the procedure as it is being performed.
- Parents will be given the choice of arriving 1 hour and 10 minutes before the scheduled procedure, in which case we will supply and put on EMLA or another local analgesic cream that should reduce pain during the procedure. Otherwise, the parents can purchase and put on the analgesic cream on the penile area themselves. The cream should be applied one hour before the procedure. Our officewill explain where it is applied (below the shaft of the penis on the belly side) and it is then covered with plastic wrap to prevent absorption into the diaper and enhance absorption into the skin.
- Aftercare instructions will be explained and a written copy given to the parents. The aftercare only requires that Vaseline on gauze be applied for two days.
- Parents will be given the opportunity to consent to an extra analgesic procedure called a penile block. This consists of an injection of xylocaine, which should further reduce any pain that might be felt by the baby.
- Circumcision is often done today in hospitals or other clinics using one of several available methods involving various clamps. These can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. Our procedure uses the most modern clamp called a "Mogen clamp". Using this instrument reduces the time to about one-minute, thereby also reducing the baby's discomfort.
- A free follow up visit may be scheduled at the request of the parents.
- For our location and map click here.
Dr. Aaron Jesin
The Jesin Circumcision Clinic
Family Physician & Mohel
Ritual Orthodox & Non Ritual Circumcision
4256 Bathurst St. Suite 203
Toronto, Ont. M3H 5Y8
Telephone: (416) 635-5012
Webmaster: interactivepages Internet Service